Operation Lowered Expectation: Complete
And. . . we're back. Sorry for the. . . you know what, no. I am not sorry for the delay. I'm an indy developer on an indy budget with indy resources. Guess what, shit happens.
So here's the build;
http://www.fightabase.com/ss/rr062016.zip
(unzip with paths intact, run rr.exe)
New Stuff (that I admittedly did not document well):
-There's an actual game flow now. The game starts (and ends) with a character select now. Press escape to end the cycle. Have fun with that.
-Events were tweaked to work. Dog summoning, increased rainfall, maybe something else. . .
-Letter box added to UI because lets face it, some of these backgrounds are not 480px tall.
-Health is now reflected in the letter box, the redder it gets the deader you get.
-Enemy life bars have been relocated and tweaked accordingly.
-RIOT bar got a looks tweak, it would be finished but you guys wanted this build before next week didn't you?
-TONS of new animations. Okay, maybe not tons, but hey I'm getting there. I also cleaned up some of the ones that were already in there.
-Somewhat related, backgrounds animate now. Correction, background animate. The others could if I had properly paletted images.
-RIOT orbs are underway, they spawn sometimes but you can't grab it.
-Ronin have their own chain strings / paths now and a new attack that only one of them can use.
-I think that's it, nothing else is changed (that I rememeber).
Bug Fixes:
-Fixed a big collision bug in projectiles, namely Ronin's RIOT attack also addressed a bunch of hit reaction bugs
-AI is finally thinking and attacking, unfortunately its currently merciless.
-Altered the gore math so that the cuts make a little more sense.
Known Bugs:
-Whisper's arrows do not work right on hit.
-Looping the map is bad. Please stop.
-Occasionally you will grab a RIOT orb. It does nothing.
See previous posts for controls. Not much is changed / isn't obvious.
So here's the build;
http://www.fightabase.com/ss/rr062016.zip
(unzip with paths intact, run rr.exe)
New Stuff (that I admittedly did not document well):
-There's an actual game flow now. The game starts (and ends) with a character select now. Press escape to end the cycle. Have fun with that.
-Events were tweaked to work. Dog summoning, increased rainfall, maybe something else. . .
-Letter box added to UI because lets face it, some of these backgrounds are not 480px tall.
-Health is now reflected in the letter box, the redder it gets the deader you get.
-Enemy life bars have been relocated and tweaked accordingly.
-RIOT bar got a looks tweak, it would be finished but you guys wanted this build before next week didn't you?
-TONS of new animations. Okay, maybe not tons, but hey I'm getting there. I also cleaned up some of the ones that were already in there.
-Somewhat related, backgrounds animate now. Correction, background animate. The others could if I had properly paletted images.
-RIOT orbs are underway, they spawn sometimes but you can't grab it.
-Ronin have their own chain strings / paths now and a new attack that only one of them can use.
-I think that's it, nothing else is changed (that I rememeber).
Bug Fixes:
-Fixed a big collision bug in projectiles, namely Ronin's RIOT attack also addressed a bunch of hit reaction bugs
-AI is finally thinking and attacking, unfortunately its currently merciless.
-Altered the gore math so that the cuts make a little more sense.
Known Bugs:
-Whisper's arrows do not work right on hit.
-Looping the map is bad. Please stop.
-Occasionally you will grab a RIOT orb. It does nothing.
See previous posts for controls. Not much is changed / isn't obvious.
Comments
Post a Comment