Development marches on
I'd like to blog more as a way of keeping my thoughts ordered and what not, but the reality is that time spent blogging is (typically) time better spent dev'ing. I do want to do it though, so maybe I'll find a place to add it into my schedule. In the interim, the whole sunday stopping point seems to be working out okay for Fight-A-Base so it might also serve as a passable Riot / blogging day as well, at least until more people take note.
In any event, I have another build of RR to share;
http://www.fightabase.com/ss/rr031316.zip
(install: unzip it with paths intact, run rr.exe)
I built this one with more of its dependencies included and I tested this on a few more computers, unfortunately all of them are set up for development so its possible this may still be a bust for regular people. If you can't run it, let me know and I will actually troubleshoot because I'll never get famous if nobody can play my masterpiece.
So what's new? Everything since I don't think anyone successfully played the previous build, so lets just re-run through everything.
Movement - Arrow keys.
A = Speed (attack)
S = Power (attack)
D = Defense
X = Jump
Escape = Quit.
Gameplay:
You can chain together speed attacks and tack a power on there to make a rudementary combo. Hold up when you press power to get a launcher that will keep the combo going. If you polish off an enemy with a power attack, sparks will fly, and by sparks, I mean blood and body parts. Oh, and you can jump. Why would you want to jump in a game with combos and a launcher? I dunno.
The big dopey meter at the top is the RIOT meter. Yes, RIOT. This is 199X gaming, people. The more you riot, the more you get RIOT. When its full, you move faster, launch higher and hit harder. If you cool down, so does the meter so keep up the chaos to keep up the chaos.
Currently the AI is dumb as a brick. Its job at this point is to get hit, but sometimes it will block right. Other times it will get hit and still block, other times it will just get stuck blocking nothing against a wall. Believe it or not, it is programmed to attack back but good luck with that. For now, just take out your feudal japanese frustrations on them and wait for me to finish more animations and fix more bugs.
That's it for Ronin Riot. On the Fight-A-Base front, today's update marks the return of costume subs, which is something we really haven't had for like two years. Even when the site was good, costume subs kind of sucked so hopefully we can get back into the swing of it now.
When I upload it (later, I'm still testing / bug fixing / parenting) you can find them on the game's gallery page (like, say; www.fightabase.com/gameGallery.aspx?id=785), just remember to turn your submission fields on. You'll have to wait for me (yeah, right) or one of the admins (far more likely) to approve your costume, but once its there you should be able to add character images right there on that page.
And that's it for this week I'd say commenting here is the best way to steer what I'm going to update next week, but at current I just have asuch a huge laundry list (on both projects) it would take a really huge ground swell for me to change courses and lets be real, two people know this blog exists.
See you next week.
In any event, I have another build of RR to share;
http://www.fightabase.com/ss/rr031316.zip
(install: unzip it with paths intact, run rr.exe)
I built this one with more of its dependencies included and I tested this on a few more computers, unfortunately all of them are set up for development so its possible this may still be a bust for regular people. If you can't run it, let me know and I will actually troubleshoot because I'll never get famous if nobody can play my masterpiece.
So what's new? Everything since I don't think anyone successfully played the previous build, so lets just re-run through everything.
Movement - Arrow keys.
A = Speed (attack)
S = Power (attack)
D = Defense
X = Jump
Escape = Quit.
Gameplay:
You can chain together speed attacks and tack a power on there to make a rudementary combo. Hold up when you press power to get a launcher that will keep the combo going. If you polish off an enemy with a power attack, sparks will fly, and by sparks, I mean blood and body parts. Oh, and you can jump. Why would you want to jump in a game with combos and a launcher? I dunno.
The big dopey meter at the top is the RIOT meter. Yes, RIOT. This is 199X gaming, people. The more you riot, the more you get RIOT. When its full, you move faster, launch higher and hit harder. If you cool down, so does the meter so keep up the chaos to keep up the chaos.
Currently the AI is dumb as a brick. Its job at this point is to get hit, but sometimes it will block right. Other times it will get hit and still block, other times it will just get stuck blocking nothing against a wall. Believe it or not, it is programmed to attack back but good luck with that. For now, just take out your feudal japanese frustrations on them and wait for me to finish more animations and fix more bugs.
That's it for Ronin Riot. On the Fight-A-Base front, today's update marks the return of costume subs, which is something we really haven't had for like two years. Even when the site was good, costume subs kind of sucked so hopefully we can get back into the swing of it now.
When I upload it (later, I'm still testing / bug fixing / parenting) you can find them on the game's gallery page (like, say; www.fightabase.com/gameGallery.aspx?id=785), just remember to turn your submission fields on. You'll have to wait for me (yeah, right) or one of the admins (far more likely) to approve your costume, but once its there you should be able to add character images right there on that page.
And that's it for this week I'd say commenting here is the best way to steer what I'm going to update next week, but at current I just have asuch a huge laundry list (on both projects) it would take a really huge ground swell for me to change courses and lets be real, two people know this blog exists.
See you next week.
Comments
Post a Comment