Ronin Riot; First Public Build

It goes without saying that I'll never make a red cent on Ronin Riot, so there's really no reason to keep it behind closed doors.  As such, I will be distributing it via this blog with whatever frequency development facilitates.  Here's the link;

http://www.fightabase.com/ss/rr030416.zip

Installation Notes:  Don't try to be cute and run it in the zip or you're gonna have a bad time.  Unzip it somewhere neutral with paths intact, and just run rr.exe to get it going.

This is not optimized for size, speed, or even really tested outside of my dev environment so if it doesn't run for you, well it just might not right now.  It absolutely requires DirectX 9 (but who doesn't have that by now) and I can confirm it runs on Windows 7 x64 boxes and should be relatively devoid of memory leaks.

Otherwise, it is still SUPER rough around the edges.  I won't bother reporting on everything that needs touching up cause everything does.  Seriously, don't mention it.  I know it sucks.  What I will comment on is how to play and what you're looking at.

Move with the dir keys, A for Speed attack, S for Power attack.  That's about it.  You can chain speed attacks together, and deliver real soviet damage with your power attack.  Enemies don't attack back or even move with purpose except to get close enough to be killed, and sometimes they even walk outside of drawing range, which is a cool little glitch I'm still working on.

Of note (and the reason this took so long) was that I wanted dismemberment in.  It was one of the few "cool" things I did when I originally started this years ago, so I wanted it in from the jump this time around.  Tragically, the workshop engine was built for a lot of thing, but not that so it needed some overhauls to catch up to what I was doing in 2008.

So there you go.  Hack up some badly cropped sprites, and let me know how it goes.  Or don't.  The current build has blood and a couple other fatal cut types so this isn't even really representative of the one thing I wanted to represent, but I wanted you to have it because I love you.  Maybe I'll put up a youtube or something between now and the next 'release' just to keep the information flow  uh flowing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presenting Porcelain Power! | Cuphead VI #TruWarriorsGaming