Titles are hard, development is even harder.

It's no secret.  Development is hardly a science.  You wake up in the morning and say today I'm going to finish this, or you sit down on the john thinking about how this will work as soon as you're done, or maybe its just a casual conversation that helps you puzzle through a bug.  You go in with the best intentions, but when you can get in front of the compiler, IF you can.  It may not go that way.

If development is your job, your life, or even your number one hobby, its not a huge deal; You'll be back.  But if not, well, it can be very frustrating to burn your only free development hours spinning your wheels.  Writing a big dopey section of your website that doesn't work sucks.  And it makes you want to quit.  And you do.  But you have to come back.  I do anyway.  So here I am.

A lots happened in the weeks (jesus, has it been weeks?) since my last post.  Unfortunately very little of it had to do with code or writing or anything that might interest you.  I will, however, be making a riot related update on sunday.  No, not here.  This is me calling the shot, I guess.  Daring myself to skip out on another sunday.

The new build has new (empty) rooms to explore, RIOT attacks, and if everything goes according to plan a ui.  Lifebars, names, the whole nine.  The major hold up was my font code, which hasn't seen the light of day since the UFGE days.  Its been (being) re-written in another window as we speak.  It already works, so I just have to make it work good enough for a release.

Fight-A-Base?  Well, that's a whole another story.  Gods honest truth is that setbacks aside I've honestly worked on like three big dopey sections of my website that doesn't work and that is a helluva mental beat down.  I'm not sure if I want to re-attack one of them or escape into some other more superfluous safer section that might actually come together the way I want.  We'll see. 

I did have a LOT of fun making the quiz again, so maybe what I need to do is build on that, perhaps even build a new game.  We'll see.   The game I want to do is huge.  Really huge.  Maybe too huge fir Fight-A-Base and its one programmer.  But it may just be the thing I actually want to work on the most.  This weekend is not very facilitative to development and what time I've got I'm giving to riot.  If I have anything left for FAB, you'll see it on Sunday.

I know this one was way more blog than dev, but I don't think anyone cares about this yet besides me, so let me vent tonight and on sunday I'll get technical and linky.  When people start posting comments, I'll think about pandering to them.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presenting Porcelain Power! | Cuphead VI #TruWarriorsGaming