That last build sucked
You could say I'm back on my grind. The reality is I'm running out of super hard things to do. As the engine grows and becomes more capable, I get to do more game design and game design is fun. So easy things that are fun happen more often than others.
http://www.fightabase.com/ss/rr050116.zip
(install: unzip it with paths intact, run rr.exe)
Combat hasn't actually changed, so just re-read the last post if you want to know how to play. Things have been tweaked (and some fun new glitches incurred) but no new moves or anything are done.
What is actually new:
A couple new Ronin to kill, good luck finding them.
Enemies can summon other enemies.
Dialogue - Still super buggy and kind of ugly
Events - This game has a lot of features, huh.
Fear not, next major milestone is an actual editor / viewer for my data files. Whether anyone but me ever sees it I haven't decided, but once I have it animations should start rolling off the assembly line. Then it might start looking like a game and not just a well, whatever it looks like now.
I also don't like doing 11pm uploads (because I'm old and this isn't my real job so I need sleep) so I'm going to get better about cutting off my progress on saturday so sunday can be devoted to touchups not full blown crazy repair. That will make it so that fab uploads doesn't suffer the fate it did this week and wind up back burnered at like 60%.
More on that later, or maybe not because I won't be back for like a week and by then I will have forgotten. Read fightabase if you care, i post about those updates there in greater detail.
http://www.fightabase.com/ss/rr050116.zip
(install: unzip it with paths intact, run rr.exe)
Combat hasn't actually changed, so just re-read the last post if you want to know how to play. Things have been tweaked (and some fun new glitches incurred) but no new moves or anything are done.
What is actually new:
A couple new Ronin to kill, good luck finding them.
Enemies can summon other enemies.
Dialogue - Still super buggy and kind of ugly
Events - This game has a lot of features, huh.
Fear not, next major milestone is an actual editor / viewer for my data files. Whether anyone but me ever sees it I haven't decided, but once I have it animations should start rolling off the assembly line. Then it might start looking like a game and not just a well, whatever it looks like now.
I also don't like doing 11pm uploads (because I'm old and this isn't my real job so I need sleep) so I'm going to get better about cutting off my progress on saturday so sunday can be devoted to touchups not full blown crazy repair. That will make it so that fab uploads doesn't suffer the fate it did this week and wind up back burnered at like 60%.
More on that later, or maybe not because I won't be back for like a week and by then I will have forgotten. Read fightabase if you care, i post about those updates there in greater detail.
Comments
Post a Comment